Associate Professor (Lecturer)
Phone: (801) 581-6766
Office: 2467 MEK (1495 E. 100 S.)
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of Missouri-Columbia
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Missouri-Columbia
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Arizona
Select Professional Experience
- Consulting Engineer, Salt Lake City, UT, 2013 to Present. Design review of products to be sold to the public–including in Europe–for safety considerations. Also includes review of applicable international standards and European Directives and Regulations for CE marking.
- Manager of Corporate Product Safety and Senior Staff Engineer–Advanced Safety Systems, Polaris Industries Inc., MN, 2002-2012. Responsible for product-characteristics of corporate products worldwide. Involved with product-development teams with all product lines. Also involved with post-sale surveillance and product-safety recalls when required.
- Senior Mechanical Engineer, Exponent/Failure Analysis Associates, Phoenix, AZ, 1998-2001. Involved with analyzing and testing mechanical systems including automobiles, motorcycles, and ATVs. Conducted vehicle crash testing with instrumented crash-test dummies or Anthropomorphic Test Devices (ATDs).
- Senior Mechanical Engineer, Triodyne Inc., Niles, IL, 1993-1997. Conducted analysis and testing of machines and accident scenarios. Testing included consumer and industrial products, ATVs, turf-work trucks, and other mechanical and hydraulic systems.
- State of Arizona, Registered Professional Engineer
- State of Utah, Registered Professional Engineer
Research & Teaching Interests
- Safety Engineering
- Product-Safety with Applied Engineering Ethics
- System Safety
- Industrial Safety
- Product Design, Development & Testing
- Design Optimization
- Vehicle Dynamics